1. Do I have to be a practicing Protestant for my child to enter Wesleyan Academy?
WA is open to all qualifying students as per the Admissions policy. This includes the commitment from the parents and the student to adhere to school policies, curriculum and values, as well as attendance to chapel services and spiritual retreats.
2. Is W.A. a secular school, or is it affiliated to any church or religion?
Wesleyan Academy is a private Christian school owned by the Evangelical Wesleyan Church of Puerto Rico. Our curriculum is fully integrated and consistent with scriptural values and principles.
3. How old does my child have to be to enter Wesleyan Academy?
Pre school age requirements by of the school applying for:
PPK- 3 years old
PK – 4 years old
K – 5 years old
4. When can I begin the enrollment process for my pre-school age child?
Enrollment for pre-school begins in December to start school the following August.
5. Is Wesleyan Academy an accredited institution?
The Academy has dual accreditation by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and The Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (MSA). WA is also licensed by the Consejo de Educación de Puerto Rico and a member of the following: Caribbean Association of Independent Schools, National Junior Honor Society, National Honor Society, Puerto Rico High School Athletic Alliance, National Association of Secondary School Principals, Private Education Association, and Caribbean Counselors Association.
6. What is the highest number of students per classroom?
PPK- a maximum of 20 students
PK- 12th grade – a maximum of 25 students
7. Is this a bilingual school?
Our academic instruction is offered in English, except for the following:
Social Studies in grades 1-4
PR History - 7th and 12th grade
Spanish as a Second Language (SSL) is offered to those qualified students whose first language is not Spanish.
8. Which sports do you offer?
Our 4th-6th grade teams participate in the LAMEPI league in sports such as boys and girl’s volleyball, indoor and outdoor soccer, swimming, tennis, and basketball.
Our 7th-12th grade students participate in the PRHSAA. Sports include boys and girl’s volleyball, indoor and outdoor soccer, basketball, swimming and futsal.
9. Is lunch included in the monthly tuition?
The healthy meals provided by our cafeteria are provided for an additional fee, and are optional for students in grades 4-12, while the meal plan is mandatory for children in PPK through 3rd grades. Parents may opt out of the meal plan for children having special dietary needs.
10. Is the fee for Building & Maintenance Fund charged per child or per family?
This fee applies once per family per year. However, this fee decreases when students are re-enrolled after the first year.
11. Does the school have a child care program?
Our school offers a morning and afternoon child care for grades PPK-2nd. After school child care is also offered for grades 3 - 12. This service is provided at an additional cost.
12. Does the academy offer an after school program?
The after school activity program provides extracurricular activities for our students at an additional cost. Classes vary from year to year based on availability, and these may include flamenco, ballet, violin, music, drama, sewing, sports clinics, and robotics, among others.